Here is another simple recipe that my husband and I prepared a few weekends ago. We used russet potatoes & 2.7 lb. Angus chuck roast. (The butcher at the grocery store cut a smaller than average piece for us.) We cooked it on LOW for 9 hrs. 45 mins.
First, I trimmed some fat, salted, peppered and seared the meat in a frying pan with 1 tbs. of olive oil.
I was not able to fit all of the potatoes and onion in the pot. Next time, I might just buy three potatoes and a medium sized onion. (Russet potatoes are larger than some other kinds). Our crockpot is a 5 quart model. 2.7 lbs. would be the max size of beef for my crockpot with this recipe.
It turned out perfect and was delicious. The only difficult part was waiting until dinner time!
- 2 lbs. beef roast
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 1 large onion, quartered and pulled apart
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelopes dry vegetable soup mix (I use Knorr)
- Place roast into crock pot and surround with vegetables.
- Combine beef broth and vegetable soup mix, then add to crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
(Original Recipe by Tara Lee (7/10/2007) from: http://www.food.com/recipe/perfect-pot-roast-slow-cooker-239829)
I am linking this post with Beth Fish Reads, WEEKEND COOKING.
Thanks for stopping by!